A slab leak repair is recommendable as soon as you detect a problem. A slab leak is a break in a pipe that runs beneath the concrete foundation of your home. Unfortunately, slab leaks are common around Carrollton, TX. When the pipe breaks, water seeps into the ground and your home’s foundation. Slab leaks can occur in either water or sewer lines. Slab leaks cause costly damage, so early detection is important. To catch this problem at the onset, homeowners with concrete foundations must know what warning signs are indicative of this type of leak.
Symptoms of a Leak: A typical slab leak can resemble other plumbing problems, making this issue difficult to diagnose.
The following symptoms are common of slab leaks:
– Sounds of running water: When water courses through the pipes in your home, you’ll be able to hear the sound of running water. If you can hear the sound of running water, but can not attribute the noise to an appliance or a faucet, this is a sign that you have a leak.
– The water bill is unusually high: A high water bill is a common sign that there is a leak somewhere in your home, but does not necessarily signify a leak beneath the foundation. Check the faucets and the exposed pipes beneath your sink for the source of the leak. If your water bill is very high, this could be a sign that you’re losing a great deal of water somewhere. If the plumbing inside your home seems to be intact, then you could have an unseen leak beneath the foundation.
– Warm or wet spots on your floor: If warm water is leaking from a pipe beneath the foundation, it may create mysterious hot spots, or small puddles, on the floor of your home.
– Cracking or buckling foundation: If your foundation buckles, you’ll see cracks in the foundation around the outside of your home, or in the floor and walls inside your home.
– Carpet mildew or mold: This occurs when the foundation becomes saturated and moisture begins to leak into the house.
If a Leak Goes Undetected
If the soil on your property is expansive, saturation can cause the soil to heave. When the ground beneath your home moves or shifts, this often causes serious damage to your foundation. Buckling, cracking and other problems may lead to cosmetic and structural damage. If the leak enters your home, your belongings are likely to become damaged or destroyed.
Common Used Techniques for Slab Leak Repair
There are many methods for repairing slab leaks, some more invasive than others. Depending on the type of leak and the location, your plumber may choose from one of these techniques:
– Cut open the foundation and fix the pipe: This is a common method for fixing newer pipes in more modern homes.
– Re-piping the entire line: This method is commonly used in older homes where leaks are a frequent and chronic problem.
– Pipe coating: This treatment is used in the case of pipes that can’t easily or cost-effectively be repaired by opening up the foundation. The pipe is fixed from within, using an epoxy pipe coating.
Signature Plumbing Is Your Slab Leak Specialist. If your home is ten years or older, it’s very likely that you already have or soon will experience problems with your underground piping system. The simple matter is that all pipes eventually begin to leak due to their age, and our goal is to provide you with the best possible water leak solution for your particular situation. Before you destroy your floor and walls with conventional water leak repair methods, call Signature Plumbing Company. Signature Plumbing has been providing high level slab foundation leak detection and repairs for the greater North Dallas area for over 20 years. The locating and repair of leaks is a core portion of our service. This allows us to provide you with guaranteed work at significant savings.
Signature Plumbing Slab Leak Services and Support:
Accurate leak locating, diagnostic testing, plumbing support service, residential plumbing, slab leak repair, epoxy pipe lining, underground plumbing, water leak repair, property manager support, trenchless plumbing, municipalities, water leak locating, leak detection, water line tracing, copper pipe repair, pvc water leak repair, pressure testing, hydro-static testing and isolating, sanitary sewer, pinhole leak repair, copper pipe restoration, sensitive area hand digging, copper re-pipe, trenching, tunneling, excavation, concrete slab penetrations, engineering assistance and insurance reports.
Fixing slab leaks as soon as possible is always the best course of action. Delaying slab leak repairs only leads to more damage and bigger costs for all of us. Call us now at 214-918-1075 for quality slab leak repairs. All work is guaranteed and fixed right the first time. A water pipe leak can occur anywhere, but you may also have some other problems inside your home that you don’t yet know about.
Do you have a blockage in your sink or toilet that causes very slow drains? Your issue could be deeper down the drain than you imagine. Signature Plumbing Company can efficiently correct drain clogs by using video camera inspection. A plumbing video camera inspection is the most effective method available to locate problem areas within drain lines. Instead of guesswork or tearing up your yard or flooring, we use a video camera to make our inspections less obtrusive and less costly to you.
Taking Action: Tips and Advice
Contact an experienced and qualified plumber at the first signs of trouble: Plumbers have special, non-invasive equipment that can be used to make a definitive diagnoses. Pressure gauges, electronic amplification equipment, camera inspections and electromagnetic pipeline locators are all examples of the devices used to detect and locate a leak beneath your foundation. If your home suffers damage, contact your insurance company: Not all homeowners insurance policies will cover this type of damage. However, there are documented cases of homeowners successfully filing claims for damage from slab leaks. Read through your insurance policy carefully, and contact your insurance agent for help. It is not always necessary to call in a plumber when you have a damaged section of pipe in your plumbing. There are repair kits you can buy in your local hardware store which are excellent in repairing leaks. If you have a small leak, you can rub a compound stick over the hole or crack in the pipe to seal it shut. Epoxy paste is also an excellent remedy for a leaking pipes. Make sure you turn off the water and completely dry the pipe before applying the epoxy. As you can see from the above list of tips, maintaining and repairing your own plumbing can be very time and money-saving in the long run if you know what you are doing. After following these tips, you will no longer be new to plumbing, but you will become a plumbing DIY’er.
For fast response to slab leak repairs or any other plumbing emergency issues in Carrollton Texas, contact Signature Plumbing Company at 214-918-1075 or use our contact us form.